Raffle raises funds for Costa Rican cancer screening, treatment
Ticket sales for a raffle on Sunday with more than 50 prizes – from delicious organic foods to yoga classes to sportswear – will benefit the fight against cancer in Costa Rica.
The raffle, held at Sunday’s Verano en Movimiento event at the central soccer field in Belén, Heredia, organized by the Ana Ross Foundation, represents donations by a wide range of companies committed to supporting the Foundation’s work to improve access to cancer screenings and treatment in Costa Rica. While participating, attendees at the free event can enjoy Zumba and yoga classes, snacks and more.
All ticket sales will go to the Andrea and Fitz Haney Donor-Advised Fund to Support the Ana Ross Foundation. The Fund was created by former U.S. Ambassador to Costa Rica Fitzgerald Haney and his wife, Rabbi Andrea Haney, in 2017.
The Ana Ross Foundation, established in 2003, is Costa Rica’s premiere advocacy organization for cancer patients and cancer prevention; its annual Walk Against Cancer in San José has raised both funds and awareness about the impact of the disease.
The foundation is working to raise funds for the first Ross Foundation Early Detection Center in San José. Its Verano en Movimiento events promote exercise, wellness and cancer awareness.
Sunday’s event in Belén will run from 8:30 am to 12 noon. More info here.
Can’t attend, but would like to make a U.S. tax-deductible donation online or learn more about the Haney Fund and the Ana Ross Foundation? Visit the Haney Fund page. The Haney Fund is housed at the Costa Rica USA Foundation for Cooperation and Amigos of Costa Rica.
Don’t miss today’s story about Nava Haney’s fundraising efforts in today’s Tico Times.
Brought to you by the Costa Rica USA Foundation and Amigos of Costa Rica
Prizes and participating businesses in Sunday’s raffle include:
- Channel 7 News/Teletica: A new television
- Lucy, Latinstars Academy: One complimentary class and bring a friend
- Don Stockwell: Drumhead by CNCO, Signed poster by Judas Priest, and signed CD by Franco de Vita
- Angel Rafael Makeup: One hour free makeup class at his home for five people.
- Diana Salazar:Meditation class
- SularaWear: Yoga clothes
- Swan Estetica y Spa Escazú: Hydration facials, luxury products by Germaine de cappuccino, and 5 kerastase hair treatments
- Chef Jullio Carro: Private cooking class for two
- Doka Coffee: Tour of the coffee plantations including lunch for two
- Worlds Gym: Matricula and one month free
- Fabrizzio Cordero González NASM, CPT: Personal training sessions
- Luciérnaga Productions: Two tickets to the May 3 live performance of “Chicago”
- Simone Mermelstein: dental checkup and cleaning
- Raw Juice Bar:Gift certificates for one fresh pressed juice
- Rossie Brender, periodontist. One dental cleaning for a senior citizen
- Chef David Boyejo, private chef—one hour private cooking class at his home, homemade jams and cookies.
- Xocolatique Taller de Chocolate Gift baskets of homemade chocolates, gift certificates
- The Cool Hair Band Salon: one blow out
- Krama Yoga: one week passes to all classes, gift products
- All Stars Gym: private gymnastics lesson
- MoYo Frozen Yogurt: Gift certificates
- Om Yum: Baskets of all natural snacks
- Elemental Herbs: Natural Chinese herbs and medicinal mushrooms
- P&P Pupusas: Gift certificates
- Trucare Salon: Keratin cabello shine treatment with Jorge Luis Rizo
- MoLoKo: Clothes
- MAE FOODS: Snack foods
- Cintas con SABOR: $50 gourmet certificates
- Centro de Uñas: Manicure and pedicure
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens: Entrance tickets for two
- Haney Kids:$50 in cash prizes
- Color Me Mine, Escazú and Pinares: $30 gift certificates
- “Les delice de juli”: French food gift baskets
- WERCR Real Estate Agency, Karla Brenes: Beaded necklace and earring set
- Manipura Cosmetica Natural: Natural skin care gifts, lip scrub, soap
- Sandra Magdaleno Salon & Day Spa: Relaxing massages
- Green Center: Gift basket of products
- Zoe Spa: Gift certificates
- Atmosphere Home: Gift bags
- Loveva: Gift bags
- Valerie Levy: Headphones
- DIG into Fashion Boutique: Gift certificates
- Costa Rica Travel Impressions: Vases
- Crol Swimming: One month pass for swim lessons twice a week
- Piskulich, Clinica Visualiza: Eye exam
- Miranda and Giulina Obón: Three gifts
- Creaciones Hadarah: Gift bags of handmade jewelry
- Bespoke Burrito: Gift certificates
- Bom Bom Brazil: One box of brigadeiros
- Fuerza Animalia: Gift bags with T-shirts and hats
- Our Friends at Teletica: Various gifts of stuffed animals and merchandise
- Linda Eskenazi: Gift bags of jewelry
- Cross Fit 506: One month passes and free registration.
- Consultas Nutrición: Free consultations and pedometer
You may be interested
Costa Rica announces infrastructure works in effort to boost economyThe Tico Times - August 17, 2019
Costa Rica announced Friday a millionaire investment in airport infrastructure as a mechanism to boost the economy and generate jobs.…
A road trip down Costa Rica’s CostaneraAlejandro Zúñiga - August 16, 2019
Route 34, better known as the Costanera, is a two-lane highway on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. Not fully completed until…