Seeing stars at the San José Planetarium
The San José Planetarium (Planetario de San José), which belongs to the University of Costa Rica, is located 400 meters north from Muñoz y Nanne shopping center or 500 meters east from Radio Universidad, Montes de Oca, San Pedro. The following activities will be held at the planetarium in the coming weeks:
- Seminars on topics such as the Milky Way, the Sun, the ISON comet, and Gamma Ray Telescopes, Sat., April 20, starting at 11 a.m. (in Spanish)
- Star gazing with a telescope every Tues.-Thurs., 6-7 p.m.
New 2013 Workshops
- Astronomy: learn about the universe’s spheres in the projection room, includes materials, Mondays and Fridays, 5-7 p.m., ¢30,000.
- Solar Clocks: learn to build a solar clock with accessible materials, ideal for children and their parents, includes materials, every Saturday, 2-5 p.m., ¢15,000.
- Eclipse: children and their parents learn how and why eclipses occur for both the moon and the sun, includes materials, Saturdays (date to be set), ¢15,000.
- Telescopes: Have a telescope but don’t know how to use it? Do you want to buy one? This workshop will teach you all about telescopes, from their development to how to use them correctly, includes materials and telescope practice,four-day course (date to be set), ¢15,000.
- (Spanish) documentaries on celestial bodies from Tues.-Thurs., costs ¢2,300.
For more information
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2511-2580
You may be interested
Costa Rica to vaccinate entire adult population against Covid-19Alejandro Zúñiga - January 25, 2021
Costa Rica plans to vaccinate its entire adult population against the coronavirus and has signed a budget to accomplish that…
KLM says it will continue long-haul flights, but rebook passengersAlejandro Zúñiga - January 25, 2021
After initially saying that it would suspend all long-haul flights, KLM announced it has established coronavirus protocols that will allow…
U.S. to reinstate Covid travel bans: White House officialThe Tico Times - January 25, 2021
President Joe Biden will re-impose a Covid-19 travel ban on most non-US citizens who have been in Britain, Brazil, Ireland and…