Seeing stars at the San José Planetarium
The San José Planetarium (Planetario de San José), which belongs to the University of Costa Rica, is located 400 meters north from Muñoz y Nanne shopping center or 500 meters east from Radio Universidad, Montes de Oca, San Pedro. The following activities will be held at the planetarium in the coming weeks:
- Seminars on topics such as the Milky Way, the Sun, the ISON comet, and Gamma Ray Telescopes, Sat., April 20, starting at 11 a.m. (in Spanish)
- Star gazing with a telescope every Tues.-Thurs., 6-7 p.m.
New 2013 Workshops
- Astronomy: learn about the universe’s spheres in the projection room, includes materials, Mondays and Fridays, 5-7 p.m., ¢30,000.
- Solar Clocks: learn to build a solar clock with accessible materials, ideal for children and their parents, includes materials, every Saturday, 2-5 p.m., ¢15,000.
- Eclipse: children and their parents learn how and why eclipses occur for both the moon and the sun, includes materials, Saturdays (date to be set), ¢15,000.
- Telescopes: Have a telescope but don’t know how to use it? Do you want to buy one? This workshop will teach you all about telescopes, from their development to how to use them correctly, includes materials and telescope practice,four-day course (date to be set), ¢15,000.
- (Spanish) documentaries on celestial bodies from Tues.-Thurs., costs ¢2,300.
For more information
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2511-2580
You may be interested
Pic of the Day: Costa Rica’s Isla Nublar (aka Cocos Island)Alejandro Zúñiga - April 18, 2019
Isla Nublar, the setting for much of the "Jurassic Park" series, is unfortunately not a real Costa Rican island. Cocos…
Costa Rica holds Maduro regime responsible for diplomat’s safetyAFP and The Tico Times - April 18, 2019
The Costa Rican Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday that it places responsibility with the Venezuelan government of Nicolás Maduro for…
Venezuela withdraws diplomatic credential from Costa Rican diplomatAFP and The Tico Times - April 17, 2019
Venezuela withdrew the diplomatic credential from the Costa Rican chargé d'affaires on Tuesday in retaliation for the country’s acceptance of…