Seeing stars at the San José Planetarium
The San José Planetarium (Planetario de San José), which belongs to the University of Costa Rica, is located 400 meters north from Muñoz y Nanne shopping center or 500 meters east from Radio Universidad, Montes de Oca, San Pedro. The following activities will be held at the planetarium in the coming weeks:
- Seminars on topics such as the Milky Way, the Sun, the ISON comet, and Gamma Ray Telescopes, Sat., April 20, starting at 11 a.m. (in Spanish)
- Star gazing with a telescope every Tues.-Thurs., 6-7 p.m.
New 2013 Workshops
- Astronomy: learn about the universe’s spheres in the projection room, includes materials, Mondays and Fridays, 5-7 p.m., ¢30,000.
- Solar Clocks: learn to build a solar clock with accessible materials, ideal for children and their parents, includes materials, every Saturday, 2-5 p.m., ¢15,000.
- Eclipse: children and their parents learn how and why eclipses occur for both the moon and the sun, includes materials, Saturdays (date to be set), ¢15,000.
- Telescopes: Have a telescope but don’t know how to use it? Do you want to buy one? This workshop will teach you all about telescopes, from their development to how to use them correctly, includes materials and telescope practice,four-day course (date to be set), ¢15,000.
- (Spanish) documentaries on celestial bodies from Tues.-Thurs., costs ¢2,300.
For more information
Contact email@example.com or call 2511-2580
You may be interested
News briefs: Fire set outside coronavirus shelter for indigenous peopleAlejandro Zúñiga - July 15, 2020
The coronavirus crisis has transformed life in Costa Rica, which has enacted measures to protect the capacity of its health…
Costa Rica passes law against racism and violence in stadiumsAFP - July 15, 2020
Costa Rica's Legislative Assembly on Tuesday approved a law that punishes violence and manifestations of racism and xenophobia in sports…
Costa Rica approves law punishing street sexual harassment with jail and finesAFP and The Tico Times - July 14, 2020
Costa Rica's Legislative Assembly on Tuesday passed a law that criminalizes street sexual harassment and punishes it with prison terms…