The Tico Times Weekly Digest: December 9, 2019
Thanks for watching The Tico Times Weekly Digest, where we catch up on the latest news in Costa Rica.
This video was filmed and produced by Nate Doughty.
Check out the stories mentioned in this video below and don’t forget to stay up-to-date on Costa Rica news at TicoTimes.net.
- United Nations asks Costa Rica to expedite procedures for refugee requests
- Costa Rica opens UN climate meeting with call for concrete actions
- Environmental organizations denounce pineapple farm that could impact Térraba-Sierpe National Wetlands
- ‘Safe December’ initiative will increase police presence in Costa Rica as new year approaches
- Collaboration with U.S. helps Costa Rica inaugurate new air surveillance plane
- 5 ways to become a legal resident of Costa Rica
- TBT: John F. Kennedy’s speech at UCR in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica reforms laws to ‘pay off a historic debt’ to protect rights of those with HIV/AIDS
——————————— Follow The Tico Times: —————————
You may be interested
Slothy Sunday: Wishing you a warm and cozy dayThe Tico Times - January 17, 2021
Like traditional Costa Rican tamales that are wrapped in banana leaves, this sloth enjoys being wrapped up in a blanket. Maybe…
New migrant caravan leaves Honduras in pursuit of U.S. dreamNoe LEIVA / AFP - January 17, 2021
Some 3,000 people left Honduras on foot Friday in the latest migrant caravan hoping to find a welcome, and a…
Climate Change Spurring Frog Extinctions: ConservationistsAFP - January 16, 2021
Three Central American frog species have gone extinct and many others may soon follow as their populations are ravaged by…