Why our readers love Costa Rica
During Independence Day yesterday, we asked our readers to share why they love Costa Rica.
We loved reading your answers! Here are some of our favorites:
- Nuestra Bandera, nuestro país es signo de respeto y admiración, que viva por siempre Costa Rica (Our flag, our country is a sign of respect and admiration. May Costa Rica live forever.)
- Porque my handsome and funny fiancé is Tico. AND MANGOS. Always mangos.
- I love the varied topography and ecosystems. Hard to beat!
- I love the people of Costa Rica … nicest people in the world.
- Happy Independence Day Costa Rica. Great country, great culture:-)
- Saludos from Chicago IL! I remember being a kid and going out at night on Sept 14th with Faroles, what a great time and memories.
- I love Costa Rica because of the nice way of life here, because of the kindness of all the people, there is so much reason. Pura Vida
- I love the respect that I see among Ticos for nature and the environment.
And, of course:
- I’m just here for the beer.
Whether you love the people, a certain person, the nature or the beer, we hope you enjoyed Costa Rica’s Independence Day.
¡Viva siempre el trabajo y la paz!
You may be interested
What’s the difference between a green alert and a yellow alert in Costa Rica?Alejandro Zúñiga - October 15, 2019
The National Emergency Commission (CNE) in Costa Rica frequently issues green and yellow alerts for parts or all of the…
Rain prompts yellow, green alerts throughout Costa Rica (updated)Alejandro Zúñiga - October 14, 2019
Update (8:20 p.m.): The National Emergency Commission (CNE) has expanded the alerts. A yellow alert is now in effect for the…
Pic of the Day: Overlooking Guanacaste from Cocos BeachAlejandro Zúñiga - October 14, 2019
For a good indicator of how tourism to Guanacaste has grown in recent years, one simply needs to see how…