During Independence Day yesterday, we asked our readers to share why they love Costa Rica.
We loved reading your answers! Here are some of our favorites:
- Nuestra Bandera, nuestro país es signo de respeto y admiración, que viva por siempre Costa Rica (Our flag, our country is a sign of respect and admiration. May Costa Rica live forever.)
- Porque my handsome and funny fiancé is Tico. AND MANGOS. Always mangos.
- I love the varied topography and ecosystems. Hard to beat!
- I love the people of Costa Rica … nicest people in the world.
- Happy Independence Day Costa Rica. Great country, great culture:-)
- Saludos from Chicago IL! I remember being a kid and going out at night on Sept 14th with Faroles, what a great time and memories.
- I love Costa Rica because of the nice way of life here, because of the kindness of all the people, there is so much reason. Pura Vida
- I love the respect that I see among Ticos for nature and the environment.
And, of course:
- I’m just here for the beer.
Whether you love the people, a certain person, the nature or the beer, we hope you enjoyed Costa Rica’s Independence Day.
¡Viva siempre el trabajo y la paz!