Why our readers love Costa Rica
During Independence Day yesterday, we asked our readers to share why they love Costa Rica.
We loved reading your answers! Here are some of our favorites:
- Nuestra Bandera, nuestro país es signo de respeto y admiración, que viva por siempre Costa Rica (Our flag, our country is a sign of respect and admiration. May Costa Rica live forever.)
- Porque my handsome and funny fiancé is Tico. AND MANGOS. Always mangos.
- I love the varied topography and ecosystems. Hard to beat!
- I love the people of Costa Rica … nicest people in the world.
- Happy Independence Day Costa Rica. Great country, great culture:-)
- Saludos from Chicago IL! I remember being a kid and going out at night on Sept 14th with Faroles, what a great time and memories.
- I love Costa Rica because of the nice way of life here, because of the kindness of all the people, there is so much reason. Pura Vida
- I love the respect that I see among Ticos for nature and the environment.
And, of course:
- I’m just here for the beer.
Whether you love the people, a certain person, the nature or the beer, we hope you enjoyed Costa Rica’s Independence Day.
¡Viva siempre el trabajo y la paz!
You may be interested
Costa Rica will receive Covax vaccines in MayAlejandro Zúñiga - March 3, 2021
Costa Rica received 109,980 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine on Tuesday night, the single-largest shipment delivered to the country, the Presidency…
Panama’s economy registers historic decline due to pandemicAFP - March 2, 2021
The economy of Panama, one of the largest in Central America, suffered a historic contraction of 17.9% in 2020 compared…
IMF loan ‘ultimately benefits all Costa Ricans,’ Alvarado says in interviewThe Tico Times - March 2, 2021
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Monday approved a three-year, $1.78 billion loan to help stabilize Costa Rica's economy. Read: IMF…