Why our readers love Costa Rica
During Independence Day yesterday, we asked our readers to share why they love Costa Rica.
We loved reading your answers! Here are some of our favorites:
- Nuestra Bandera, nuestro país es signo de respeto y admiración, que viva por siempre Costa Rica (Our flag, our country is a sign of respect and admiration. May Costa Rica live forever.)
- Porque my handsome and funny fiancé is Tico. AND MANGOS. Always mangos.
- I love the varied topography and ecosystems. Hard to beat!
- I love the people of Costa Rica … nicest people in the world.
- Happy Independence Day Costa Rica. Great country, great culture:-)
- Saludos from Chicago IL! I remember being a kid and going out at night on Sept 14th with Faroles, what a great time and memories.
- I love Costa Rica because of the nice way of life here, because of the kindness of all the people, there is so much reason. Pura Vida
- I love the respect that I see among Ticos for nature and the environment.
And, of course:
- I’m just here for the beer.
Whether you love the people, a certain person, the nature or the beer, we hope you enjoyed Costa Rica’s Independence Day.
¡Viva siempre el trabajo y la paz!
You may be interested
Some progress, and a complicated legacy, 10 months after Sergio Rojas’s murderJohn McPhaul - January 18, 2020
Ten months after the murder of Bribrí indigenous leader Sergio Rojas, Costa Rican authorities appear to be making progress in…
Pic of the Day: Bill regulating strikes approved in second debateThe Tico Times - January 17, 2020
The Costa Rican Congress approved Thursday a bill that regulates the right to strike, while hundreds of public workers protested…
Terrorism and Venezuela will be focus for Pompeo in Costa Rica, Latin AmericaAlina Dieste / AFP and The Tico Times - January 17, 2020
The fight against terrorism and the crisis in Venezuela will dominate U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s seventh visit to…