Costa Rican Sloth Sanctuary featured on new Animal Planet series
Sloths have certainly been getting their share of attention in pop culture lately. From Kristen Bell’s complete sloth meltdown to the now popular sloth astronaut meme, the odd and adorable creatures have never been more hip, so it comes as no surprise that Costa Rica’s Sloth Sanctuary has made the Silver Screen with Animal Planet’s new television series “Meet the Sloths.”
Over the course of eight episodes, the self-proclaimed sloth soap opera will dramatize the lives of the sanctuary’s 150-some inhabitants, much like the network’s previous success, “Meerkat Manor.”
The show’s first episode premiered Nov. 9 with episodes airing Saturdays at 8 p.m. EST.
Here is a look into The Tico Times’ visit to The Sloth Sanctuary last year:
1. Sloths at The Sloth Sanctuary are all given teddy bears. Sometimes, they wrap their legs around them while they sleep.
2. Sloths like cuddling with people too. Buttercup, the star of “Meet the Sloths,” has lived with Judy Avey-Arroyo, the owner of The Sloth Sanctuary, for 21 years.
3. Laying upside down is a favorite pastime for the sloths at The Sloth Sanctuary
4. So is relaxing in a barrel with a bunch of towels and a teddy bear
5. But at the end of the day most of the sloths just like to pass out on the floor
You may be interested
Watch: Keylor Navas makes big save, posts clean sheet in PSG debutAlejandro Zúñiga - September 14, 2019
Keylor Navas posted a clean sheet as part of an impressive debut with PSG on Saturday. The Costa Rican goalkeeper…
NGOs and others denounce repressive wave against Ortega adversaries in NicaraguaAFP and The Tico Times - September 14, 2019
Nicaragua is experiencing a repressive wave with extrajudicial executions and actions to intimidate the opponents of the government of the…
Keylor Navas to make PSG debut today vs. StrasbourgAlejandro Zúñiga - September 13, 2019
Update (Saturday at 9:25 a.m.): Keylor Navas is officially in today's starting lineup. ¡Buena suerte, Keylor! 🔛🏋️♂️ #PSGRCSA Bienvenue à…