Appraised value: $1,050,000
Own one of the most beautiful pieces of property on the Pacific coast
Nothing short of spectacular! Located in Villa Bonita de Baru, Perez Zeledon, Costa Rica (Central Pacific region), this GORGEOUS 173-acre property is located amongst the most mountainous and lush areas in Costa Rica.
Many springs, streams, and waterfalls with crystal clear waters to bathe and play… And virtually ALL of the property has sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean (including surf breaks), surrounding mountains, and valleys below!
This top-of-the-mountain location, with its unique topography and forested boundaries, provides the utmost in privacy. And, given the property’s secluded location, wildlife largely unseen in the more traveled areas abounds.
Elevations (ranging from 790 meters – 1,090 meters above sea level), provide for mild year-round temperatures, making air-conditioning unnecessary – an appealing alternative to the intense, sticky, heat associated with the coastal areas.
Included in the sale is an on-site plant nursery, with Cuban palms and vetiver grass.
1. Location: Villa Bonita de Barú, Pérez Zeledón, San José, Costa Rica (Central-South Pacific). This property is located amongst the most mountainous and most lush areas in Costa Rica, therefore making for unusually eye-appealing landscapes.
2. Total area: 70 hectares (173 acres). ‘Consists of ~ 35 hectares (86.5 acres) of pristine rainforest, and ~ 35 hectares (86.5 acres) of meadows apt for development. It should be noted that, given Costa Rica’s environmental laws, the cutting of forest is prohibited. The fact that roughly half of this property consists of meadows is significant, as these areas allow for the possibility of development in stride with Costa Rica’s environmental laws.
3. Altitude: 790 meters (2,592 feet) above sea level at lowest point – increasing to 1090 meters (3,576 feet) above sea level at highest point. The given altitudes create for mild year-round temperatures, making air-conditioning unnecessary – an appealing alternative to the intense, sticky, heat associated with the coastal areas.
4. Privacy: Ensured and everlasting privacy! This property’s top-of-the-mountain location, unique topography (general concave shape), and forested boundaries, together provide for the utmost in privacy. Forested corridors, environmentally protected against alteration as per Costa Rica law, flank the property’s boundaries on three sides, acting to ensure that the property’s privacy is never jeopardized. Additionally, the property is situated at an “end of the road” location, thus no thru vehicle access (I.e., no thru traffic). ‘Very appealing from a privacy, as well as a security, standpoint!
5. Views: Nothing short of spectacular ocean, mountain and valley views! Virtually all of the property has sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, surrounding mountains and valleys below, as well as Whitewater ocean views.
6. Plant nursery: On-site plant nursery, with hundreds of palms, including Cuban palms, a virtually infinite supply of vetiver (non-invasive earth-retaining grass), etc.
7. Utilities (off-the-grid):
- Water: Naturally occurring year-round springs (3) – clinically tested for potability. ‘Waterfalls, as well as creeks, that run year-round.
- Electricity: Proximity to ICE power grid is currently two (2) kilometers, growing ever closer via community efforts.
- Telecommunications: Cellular telephone, as well as broad-band Internet, is available via ICE’s 3G and 4G networks.
8. Access: As of this time access is progressively improving via community and municipal efforts. The distance to the property from “the pavement” (Costanera coastal highway) is 12.5 kilometers ( ≈ 7.8 miles).
9. On-site source of road building material: This property offers a seemingly endless supply of naturally occurring road-building material. This is significant from a cost savings standpoint, regarding the potential construction and maintenance of internal roads.
10. Wildlife: Given the property’s secluded location – undisturbed, un-commercialized and unburdened by cars, crowds or high rises – wildlife abounds – wildlife largely unseen in the more traveled (I.e., more populated) areas of Costa Rica – including felines.
11. Title guaranty: This property holds a title guaranty issued by Stewart Title based in Houston, Texas – transferable via the acquisition of the optional foreign corporation (sociedad anónima) to which said property is registered.
12. Investment opportunity: Area real estate is suspected to increase in value given the possible future ground-breaking of the regional international airport, as well as given the recent completion of the coastal highway and inevitable stimulation of area development.
For More Information
Contact Dave Schmidt via email at: [email protected]