No menu items!

COSTA RICA'S LEADING ENGLISH LANGUAGE NEWSPAPER

HomeWar

War

Latin America, Israel trade after trading insults

It's a long way from Tel Aviv to Brasilia, but the journey just got a bit longer.

Costa Rica calls on UN Security Council to address fighting in Gaza

Foreign Minister Manuel González repeated Costa Rica’s desire for an immediate ceasefire and urged the United Nations Security Council to take responsibility for ending the violence in the Gaza Strip, during a press conference at the Casa Amarilla Monday afternoon.

Israel spied on Kerry during peace talks

BERLIN – Israel eavesdropped on U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry during doomed peace talks with the Palestinians last year, the German news weekly Der Spiegel reported Sunday.

Israel, Hamas agree to 72-hour truce

In a joint statement, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said both sides in the conflict are sending delegations to Cairo for negotiations aimed at reaching a lasting cease-fire. During the 72-hour respite, Israel will not withdraw its forces from the Gaza Strip, a demand that Hamas had previously made as a prerequisite to peace talks.

Costa Rica expresses outrage to Israeli ambassador over Gaza violence

Costa Rican Foreign Minister Manuel González met with Israeli Ambassador Avraham Haddad at the Casa Amarilla Wednesday afternoon to express outrage at ongoing violence in the Gaza Strip and its devastating toll on civilians. He urged the Israeli diplomat to push for an immediate ceasefire. The Foreign Ministry also said its ambassador to Israel would briefly return to Costa Rica.

Costa Rica’s Solís joins UN secretary-general in call for immediate ceasefire in Gaza conflict

Solís: "If the situation continues as it has, the world, not just Costa Rica, is going to have to take increasingly strong measure to protect the lives of the weakest who are being bulldozed by an attitude that does not agree with the values that the government of Costa Rica defends.”

Attack on Gaza school kills 16, sparking West Bank protests

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – It was one of the worst scenes so far in a war that has put civilians in the crosshairs. An elementary school packed with hundreds of Palestinian evacuees seeking shelter under U.N. protection came under heavy fire Thursday, leaving 16 people dead and more than 100 wounded, including women, children and infants.

‘Only God can save our souls,’ says resident of Gaza area pounded by Israel

The Gaza Health Ministry, run by Hamas, says that at least 70 Palestinians died in the Shijaiyah offensive, including at least 17 children and 14 women. Thirteen Israeli soldiers were also slain, seven of them when a mine blew up under their armored vehicle, military officials said.

Israel launches ground operation in Gaza

JERUSALEM – Israel launched a ground operation in Gaza late Thursday on the 10th day of an offensive to stamp out rocket attacks from the Palestinian enclave, the army said.

Unlikely friendship blossoms across front lines in Israel and Gaza

When the rockets start falling and fighter jets buzz the skies, Roni Keidar and Maha Mehanna know they can lean on one another for comfort.
Costa Rica Coffee
Loading…
COSTA RICA EXCHANGE RATE
Costa Rica T shirts
Costa Rica Travel Insruance
Costa Rica Travel

What Tourists Should Know About Hantavirus and Dengue in Costa Rica

Visitors planning trips to Costa Rica should keep viral illnesses in perspective: hantavirus deserves awareness, but dengue and other mosquito-borne diseases remain the more...

Rodrigo Chaves Stays at Center of Power as Costa Rica Enters Fernández Era

Costa Rica’s transfer of power on Friday is bringing a new president but not a clean break from the leader who dominated the last...

Starlink Expands Business Internet Access in Rural Costa Rica

Liberty Empresas has been authorized to resell Starlink’s high-speed satellite internet in Costa Rica, opening a new option for businesses, schools and organizations operating...

Trump Says He Would Not Pay $1,000 for U.S. World Cup Opener

President Donald Trump said in an interview published Thursday that he would not pay the $1,000-plus ticket price for the United States' first World...