Cultural events in Costa Rica: May 13-19, 2019
For those who live here, Costa Rica is about more than its rainforests and beaches.
Here are arts- and culture-themed events occurring across Costa Rica in the coming days:
Exposición Paisaje Tropical: The public is invited to visit the exhibition, “majesty reflected in the canvas,” at Galería Yar Burba in Barrio Escalante, San José.
This exhibition features the nation’s best landscape painters, and each of the paintings has been inspired by Costa Rica’s outdoors. This is the first initiative of a Costa Rican Tourism Board project that seeks to link art, culture, tourism and biodiversity.
The exhibition continues until May 31. On May 15 at 7:00 p.m., it will feature a discussion with the artists.
For more information, click here.
Conservación del Mono Tití: The Tico Times has written about the tití monkey, Costa Rica’s smallest primate.
The Tití Conservation Alliance is hosting an online fundraising auction to help support its efforts.
To participate in the auction, or to learn more, click here.
International Book Fair: Feria Internacional del Libro 2019 continues through May 19 at the Antigua Aduana in San José.
To learn more about each day’s events, click here.
At the National Theater: Costa Rica’s National Theater is an architectural marvel. While you can take a walking tour of the building on most days, it’s best enjoyed during a performance.
- May 14: Broadway Cabaret Night with Isabel Guzmán
- May 21: Chorus and Orchestra of the University of North Alabama
Let the bands play: A collection of upcoming band performances across Costa Rica:
- Banda de Conciertos Guanacaste
- May 16, 9 a. m.: Escuela Cuesta Grande, Samara Nicoya
- May 23, 9 a. m.: Escuela Nosarita, Samara, Nicoya
- Pacific Concert with the Puntarenas band: May 19, 7 p. m., Parque Central, Liberia.
- Banda de Conciertos de Heredia
- May 16, 5 p. m., Parque Central, Heredia. (In case of rain: Second floor of Soda Testy)
- Banda de Conciertos de Limón
- Educational concert: May 14, 10 a. m., Escuela Los Lirios
- Social Wellness Concert: May 19, 3 p. m. Pasitos de Esperanza, Cancha de Baloncesto Río Banano, Limón.
- May 19, 6 p. m., Iglesia Morava, Barrio Roosevelt, Limón.
- Banda de Conciertos de Puntarenas
- May 16, 5:30 p. m., Faro Puntarenas
- With the Guanacaste band: May 19, 7 p. m., Parque Central, Liberia
You may be interested
Climate Change Spurring Frog Extinctions: ConservationistsAFP - January 16, 2021
Three Central American frog species have gone extinct and many others may soon follow as their populations are ravaged by…
Rare White Tiger Born at Nicaragua ZooAFP - January 16, 2021
A rare white tiger, named "Nieve" (snow in Spanish) was born at the Nicaragua zoo, and is being raised by…
Costa Rica has administered 25,000 vaccine shots, Caja saysThe Tico Times - January 15, 2021
Costa Rica’s public-health system has administered nearly 25,000 coronavirus vaccine shots, the Social Security System (Caja) reported. The figure —…