Cultural events in Costa Rica: May 13-19, 2019
For those who live here, Costa Rica is about more than its rainforests and beaches.
Here are arts- and culture-themed events occurring across Costa Rica in the coming days:
Exposición Paisaje Tropical: The public is invited to visit the exhibition, “majesty reflected in the canvas,” at Galería Yar Burba in Barrio Escalante, San José.
This exhibition features the nation’s best landscape painters, and each of the paintings has been inspired by Costa Rica’s outdoors. This is the first initiative of a Costa Rican Tourism Board project that seeks to link art, culture, tourism and biodiversity.
The exhibition continues until May 31. On May 15 at 7:00 p.m., it will feature a discussion with the artists.
For more information, click here.
Conservación del Mono Tití: The Tico Times has written about the tití monkey, Costa Rica’s smallest primate.
The Tití Conservation Alliance is hosting an online fundraising auction to help support its efforts.
To participate in the auction, or to learn more, click here.
International Book Fair: Feria Internacional del Libro 2019 continues through May 19 at the Antigua Aduana in San José.
To learn more about each day’s events, click here.
At the National Theater: Costa Rica’s National Theater is an architectural marvel. While you can take a walking tour of the building on most days, it’s best enjoyed during a performance.
- May 14: Broadway Cabaret Night with Isabel Guzmán
- May 21: Chorus and Orchestra of the University of North Alabama
Let the bands play: A collection of upcoming band performances across Costa Rica:
- Banda de Conciertos Guanacaste
- May 16, 9 a. m.: Escuela Cuesta Grande, Samara Nicoya
- May 23, 9 a. m.: Escuela Nosarita, Samara, Nicoya
- Pacific Concert with the Puntarenas band: May 19, 7 p. m., Parque Central, Liberia.
- Banda de Conciertos de Heredia
- May 16, 5 p. m., Parque Central, Heredia. (In case of rain: Second floor of Soda Testy)
- Banda de Conciertos de Limón
- Educational concert: May 14, 10 a. m., Escuela Los Lirios
- Social Wellness Concert: May 19, 3 p. m. Pasitos de Esperanza, Cancha de Baloncesto Río Banano, Limón.
- May 19, 6 p. m., Iglesia Morava, Barrio Roosevelt, Limón.
- Banda de Conciertos de Puntarenas
- May 16, 5:30 p. m., Faro Puntarenas
- With the Guanacaste band: May 19, 7 p. m., Parque Central, Liberia
You may be interested
10 years after inaugurating Route 27, popular highway needs expansion, Costa Rican gov. admitsThe Tico Times - January 23, 2020
Ten years after Route 27 was inaugurated, the Costa Rican highway is already in need of expansion. The Costa Rican…
‘Strong discontent and energetic rejection’: Chinese Embassy responds to Pompeo’s advice to Costa RicaAlejandro Zúñiga - January 23, 2020
The Chinese Embassy in Costa Rica on Wednesday said Mike Pompeo had "issued erroneous remarks" when the U.S. Secretary of…
Mike Pompeo advises Costa Rica about economic ties with ChinaAlejandro Zúñiga - January 22, 2020
During a press conference following Tuesday's meeting with President Carlos Alvarado, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo urged Costa Rica…