10 can’t-miss events this Halloween in Costa Rica
Think there’s nothing to do for Halloween in Costa Rica? Think again – while you won’t see streets filled with trick-or-treaters, the party scene is hot.
1. Floriatón III – Costa Rican band Florian Droids will give their final performance as a group, along with bands Monte and Zòpilot. The entrance fee is ₡5,000 ($10) without a costume and ₡4,000 ($8) with a costume. El Steinvorth, downtown San José, Oct. 29, 9 p.m.
2. TOKYO HYPE – This cosplay and Halloween costume party will feature DJs WHITEGIRL and DNCFLR along with Felipe Pérez to get the crowd moving. The entrance fee is ₡5,000 ($10) on presale and ₡6,000 ($12) the day of the event. Prizes will be given to the best cosplay, the best costume and best group costumes. El Steinvorth, downtown San José, Oct. 30, 9 p.m.
3. Tropicalween – This Halloween party with a tropical twist will feature Jalamelule, Vladi and Fran Soto, as well as photographer Mario González running a photo booth. The entrance fee for this party is ₡5,000 ($10) on presale at Ruta Urbana stores, and ₡7,000 ($14) the day of the event. El Steinvorth, downtown San José, Oct. 31, 9 p.m.
4. Music Legends Pub Crawl – The pub crawls tour Carpe Chepe will host two events this weekend, starting with this special gathering that invites you to dress as your favorite musician. Prizes will be given to the best individual and group costumes, and best musician imitation. During the tour you’ll visit four bars around San José. The entrance fee is ₡8,000 ($16) on presale and ₡10,000 ($20) the day of the event, and includes four shots. Oct. 30, 8 p.m., starting at Craic Irish pub in Barrio La California, San José.
5. Halloween Pub Crawl – The second Carpe Chepe pub crawl is open to any costume, with prizes for the best individual and group disfraz. Will visit four bars around San José. The entrance fee is ₡8,000 ($16) on presale and ₡10,000 ($20) the day of the event, and includes four shots. Oct. 31, 8 p.m., starting at Craic Irish pub in Barrio La California, San José.
6. Miss the neighborhood feel of a classic treat-or-treating night? Check out Hoxton Pub‘s ZOMBIE 7. Block Party with a hip-hop twist. Prizes will be given to the best costumes and the entrance fee is ₡4,000 colones ($8). Hoxton Pub, Los Yoses, Oct. 31, 9 p.m.
7. Chepe Colectivo presents: Witchery at El Sótano – One of two parties at Bar El Sótano, this will be a combination of art, music and Halloween. Costa Rican bands Rey en Ruinas, Diger, SEKA, and Capitán Rooster will perform alongside an art exhibit by Laura Jiménez, Ministra, Dennis Arias, Bunnywild and Miss Freak. Prizes will be given to the best witch and best costume. The entrance fee is ₡4,000 ($8) on presale at Fresco, National Skateboards, and El Sótano, and ₡5,000 ($10) the day of the event. El Sótano in Barrio Amón, San José, Oct. 30, 7 p.m.
8. LOS CUCHILLOS Halloween Party – Also at El Sótano, Costa Rican band Los Cuchillos will celebrate its tenth anniversary with a Halloween party. This spooky celebration is waiting for you, offering raffles, piñatas, and prizes for best costume. The entrance fee is ₡4,000 ($8) on presale at El Sótano and the Twistin’ Bones store, and ₡5,000 ($10) the day of the event. El Sótano in Barrio Amón, San José, Oct. 31, 9 p.m.
9. For a Halloween on the dance floor, head to Club Vertigo for its annual Halloween party The Darkness is Calling with French DJ D’julz, and Costa Rican DJs Melissa O, Stefan Zickler, Fredo “El Diablo” Cortez, Javier Portilla, María Wabe, Richard Salazar, Hassan vs. Charpentier, and Fernando Melo. The entrance fee is ₡10,000 ($20) on presale at Vertigo VIP stores and Club Vertigo’s office –skip the lines and dress as you please – or, the day of the event, ₡10,000 ($20) with a costume and ₡15,000 ($30) without. Club Vertigo, Paseo Colón, Oct. 31, 10 p.m.
Don’t miss out on celebrating Halloween, Chepe-style.
You may be interested
Flamingo Fishing Rodeo set to begin in one of sportfishing’s best destinationsThe Tico Times - July 23, 2019
Flamingo, Guanacaste, is one of sportfishing’s legendary destinations, an idyllic laid-back beach community located on Costa Rica's northern Pacific coast.…
U.S. Embassy issues safety alert over adulterated alcoholAlejandro Zúñiga - July 23, 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Costa Rica has issued the following safety alert in response to at least 19 recent deaths…
Costa Rica investing $42 million for health facilities in GuanacasteAlejandro Zúñiga - July 22, 2019
Costa Rica's Social Security System (Caja), which manages the country's socialized health care system, announced Monday a $42 million plan…