Costa Rican-American Chamber of Commerce elects new leaders
During its annual assembly on Wednesday, the Costa Rican-American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) elected its new 2014-2015 board of directors, including Humberto Pacheco, senior partner at the law firm Pacheco Coto, as president.
Pacheco aims to develop strong ties with the Finance Ministry to ensure that possible fiscal reforms in a new administration elected Sunday “favor the country while not harming foreign and national investment,” according to a press release from the bilateral business organization.
He also plans to focus on improving the country’s competitiveness to increase foreign investment and production.
Outgoing AMCHAM President Steve Aronson, founder of Café Britt, presented a report of his accomplishments during his leadership of the organization, including fighting against illicit commerce, corporate social responsibility and improving ties between Costa Rica and the United States, among others.
The new full board is as follows:
- President: Humberto Pacheco A., Pacheco Coto
- 1st Vice President: Federico Chavarría, Deloitte & Touche
- 2nd Vice President: Margaret Grigsby, Brainpower Latin America S.A.
- Secretary: Miriam Manrique, Copal Amba
- Treasurer: José Pablo Montoya, Coca-Cola Femsa
- Director: Tara Polanco, Procter & Gamble Costa Rica
- Director: Óscar Rodríguez, Bridgestone Costa Rica S.A.
- Director: Lisa Foulger, Hewlett-Packard Costa Rica Ltda.
- Director: Alfredo Rivera, Ftz Coca-Cola Service Company
- Director: Arnoldo Carranza, DHL DGF
- Director: Elías Soley, Soley, Saborío & Asociados
- Director: Gisela Sánchez, Florida Bebidas
- Comptroller: Munish Manchanda, Western Union
You may be interested
Costa Rica to begin administering HPV vaccineAlejandro Zúñiga - April 25, 2019
The Social Security System (CCSS) announced Wednesday that Costa Rica will begin administering the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine as…
Costa Rica approves law against child abuse prepared by alleged victims of priestAFP and The Tico Times - April 24, 2019
Costa Rica’s congress approved on Tuesday a bill that extends the statute of limitations for the crime of sexual abuse…
International drug rehab in Costa Rica with the Costa Rica Treatment CenterThe Tico Times - April 24, 2019
Costa Rica Treatment Center understands the process of addiction recovery from personal experience. Their evidence-based treatment programs are engineered to…