Costa Rica Coffee Guide

Construction Sector Grew 25% Last Year

February 25, 2005

THE Engineers’ and Architects’Association (CFIA) announced last weekthat Costa Rica’s construction sectorexperienced 25% growth in 2004.Between January and December 2004,4.3 million square meters of constructionwere registered with the association, upfrom 3.4 million during the same periodin 2003, according to a statement from theorganization.Housing makes up 45% of that total,with the remaining 55% made up of stateand private-sector projects in industry,commerce and tourism.The northwestern province ofGuanacaste experienced the steepestgrowth at 76%, followed by Heredia andPuntarenas with 46% and 42%, respectively.Cartago (11%) and Alajuela (8%)were the provinces with the lowestgrowth rates.The largest number of square metersconstructed was in the province of SanJosé, with 35% of the country’s totalconstruction.

You may be interested

Top dental clinics in Costa Rica meet patient needs in the age of COVID
Dental Tourism
2497 views
Dental Tourism
2497 views

Top dental clinics in Costa Rica meet patient needs in the age of COVID

Vayolla Quiros / Goodness Dental - September 18, 2020

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released its guidelines for dental settings in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.…

Costa Rica coronavirus updates for Friday, September 18
Costa Rica
5389 views
Costa Rica
5389 views

Costa Rica coronavirus updates for Friday, September 18

Alejandro Zúñiga - September 18, 2020

Costa Rica announced 20 new coronavirus-related deaths over the last day for a total of 686, according to official data…

Costa Rica proposes tax measures as part of IMF negotiations
Costa Rica
770 views
Costa Rica
770 views

Costa Rica proposes tax measures as part of IMF negotiations

Alejandro Zúñiga - September 18, 2020

The Costa Rican Presidency on Thursday announced the fiscal measures it will present to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) as…