US community college fair features low-cost study options
Want to study in the U.S. but think it will be too expensive? The Costa Rican-North American Cultural Center (CCCN) is hosting a community college fair on Friday, aimed at showcasing lower-cost options for higher education in the U.S.
Representatives from 15 community colleges will be at the fair on Friday, which runs from 5 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the cultural center’s San Pedro branch.
The Commercial Section of the U.S. Embassy and the CCCN’s EducationUSA office are organizing the event. Admission is free.
Community colleges offer careers in areas such as business administration, engineering, nursing, mathematics, robotics, graphic design, science and technology, among others.
All of those participating in the fair are accredited and offer annual tuition fees ranging from $6,000 to $14.000.
Participant community colleges are:
- Berkeley City College, California
- College of Alameda, California
- College of the Canyons, California
- Georgia Highlands College, Georgia
- Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, Florida
- Indian Hills Community College, Iowa
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Michigan
- Laney College, California
- Merritt College, California
- Moraine Valley Community College, Illinois
- Northampton Community College, Pensilvania
- Santa Fe College, Gainesville, Florida
- Shoreline Community College, Washington
- Snow College, Utah
- Wallace State Community College, Alabama
You may be interested
Equipment failures causing missed approaches, cancellations at Costa Rica’s busiest airportAlejandro Zúñiga - September 17, 2019
Issues with the instrument landing system, coupled with the rainy season weather, have caused numerous missed approaches and flight cancellations…
New York at the center of the fight against climate changeIvan Couronne / AFP and The Tico Times - September 17, 2019
Environmental activists will meet in New York on Friday for a demonstration and a youth summit, with the goal of…
Keylor Navas vs. Real Madrid: A meeting worthy of ChampionsAlexis Hontang / AFP and The Tico Times - September 17, 2019
Costa Rica’s Keylor Navas has finally settled the debate regarding PSG’s goalkeeper. On Wednesday, the Tico faces his former club,…