US community college fair features low-cost study options
Want to study in the U.S. but think it will be too expensive? The Costa Rican-North American Cultural Center (CCCN) is hosting a community college fair on Friday, aimed at showcasing lower-cost options for higher education in the U.S.
Representatives from 15 community colleges will be at the fair on Friday, which runs from 5 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the cultural center’s San Pedro branch.
The Commercial Section of the U.S. Embassy and the CCCN’s EducationUSA office are organizing the event. Admission is free.
Community colleges offer careers in areas such as business administration, engineering, nursing, mathematics, robotics, graphic design, science and technology, among others.
All of those participating in the fair are accredited and offer annual tuition fees ranging from $6,000 to $14.000.
Participant community colleges are:
- Berkeley City College, California
- College of Alameda, California
- College of the Canyons, California
- Georgia Highlands College, Georgia
- Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, Florida
- Indian Hills Community College, Iowa
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Michigan
- Laney College, California
- Merritt College, California
- Moraine Valley Community College, Illinois
- Northampton Community College, Pensilvania
- Santa Fe College, Gainesville, Florida
- Shoreline Community College, Washington
- Snow College, Utah
- Wallace State Community College, Alabama
You may be interested
United States to mandate isolation after return from international travelAlejandro Zúñiga - January 21, 2021
New U.S. President Joe Biden has signed an executive order requiring international travelers to self-quarantine upon returning to the country.…
Lottery Fever Soars Across the Globe in Hopes to Win $1 Billion Jackpot in Mega Millions, Try Your Luck from Costa RicaThe Lotter - January 21, 2021
The Mega Millions jackpot could soon set a new record as online lottery play drives up ticket sales. Residents of…