Costa Rica was named “Mexico & Central America’s Leading Destination” at the 2019 World Travel Awards Latin America.
Considered the “Oscars” of the travel industry, the World Travel Awards celebrate excellence in the global travel and tourism industry. The 2019 Latin America Awards were held in La Paz, Bolivia.
Costa Rica was recognized for “its lush cloud forests and rich biodiversity,” according to a news release from World Travel Awards.
Other Costa Rican locations also earned regional prizes, including:
- Gaia Hotel & Reserve (Leading Boutique Hotel)
- San José, Costa Rica (Leading City Break Destination)
- Costa Rica Convention Center (Leading Meetings & Conference Center)
- Hotel Nantipa (Leading New Hotel)
- Costa Rica Tourism Board (Leading Tourist Board)
World Travel Awards was founded in 1993. Previous winners of Mexico & Central America’s Leading Destination include Mazatlán, Mexico, Ambergris Caye in Belize, and Cancun.