Livin’ la Pura Vida: The Simpsons goes to Costa Rica
What’s “Pura Vida”?
Marge Simpson, and the U.S. sitcom’s millions of viewers, now know the answer. The family visited Costa Rica as part of Sunday night’s episode of the long-running TV show.
“It means pure life — kind of a state of mind down here. Very chill. Like what you think is chill, but, like, a million times chiller,” Marge learns.
Some episode highlights:
- Marge drives through Springfield yelling “Costa Rica!” at the top of her lungs after the family is invited on the trip by the Van Hountens.
- Marge describes their destination as “a luxury villa right on the beach near pristine rainforest home to 5% of the species on earth! … In a land where it’s normal for kids to carry machetes!”
- A sunburned Homer accidentally lets several monkeys tear apart the aforementioned luxury villa. (The monkeys are so comfortable with humans that they must be in Manuel Antonio!)
- The stone spheres “made by the extinct Diquis people of Costa Rica” make an important appearance.
- Marge has a fascination for getting the perfect vacation selfie in front of a waterfall. “All I wanted it for my friends to be jealous of me!” Marge says.
Stream the full episode on Fox here.
You may be interested
New app helping anglers and students fish smarter, not harderTodd Staley - February 24, 2020
Since man began taking fish from the ocean, they have used natural occurrences and eventually man-made technology to help them…
Authorities begin investigation into Costa Rica data analysis unit for fear of privacy breachAFP and The Tico Times - February 24, 2020
The Ombudsman's Office of Costa Rica on Monday began an investigation into a government unit for data collection and analysis,…
Costa Rica to take decarbonization steps this weekThe Tico Times - February 24, 2020
Under the direction of the Environment and Energy Ministry (MINAE), Costa Rica this week will take steps toward achieving its…