What’s “Pura Vida”?
Marge Simpson, and the U.S. sitcom’s millions of viewers, now know the answer. The family visited Costa Rica as part of Sunday night’s episode of the long-running TV show.
“It means pure life — kind of a state of mind down here. Very chill. Like what you think is chill, but, like, a million times chiller,” Marge learns.
Some episode highlights:
- Marge drives through Springfield yelling “Costa Rica!” at the top of her lungs after the family is invited on the trip by the Van Hountens.
- Marge describes their destination as “a luxury villa right on the beach near pristine rainforest home to 5% of the species on earth! … In a land where it’s normal for kids to carry machetes!”
- A sunburned Homer accidentally lets several monkeys tear apart the aforementioned luxury villa. (The monkeys are so comfortable with humans that they must be in Manuel Antonio!)
- The stone spheres “made by the extinct Diquis people of Costa Rica” make an important appearance.
- Marge has a fascination for getting the perfect vacation selfie in front of a waterfall. “All I wanted it for my friends to be jealous of me!” Marge says.
Stream the full episode on Fox here.