Livin’ la Pura Vida: The Simpsons goes to Costa Rica
What’s “Pura Vida”?
Marge Simpson, and the U.S. sitcom’s millions of viewers, now know the answer. The family visited Costa Rica as part of Sunday night’s episode of the long-running TV show.
“It means pure life — kind of a state of mind down here. Very chill. Like what you think is chill, but, like, a million times chiller,” Marge learns.
Some episode highlights:
- Marge drives through Springfield yelling “Costa Rica!” at the top of her lungs after the family is invited on the trip by the Van Hountens.
- Marge describes their destination as “a luxury villa right on the beach near pristine rainforest home to 5% of the species on earth! … In a land where it’s normal for kids to carry machetes!”
- A sunburned Homer accidentally lets several monkeys tear apart the aforementioned luxury villa. (The monkeys are so comfortable with humans that they must be in Manuel Antonio!)
- The stone spheres “made by the extinct Diquis people of Costa Rica” make an important appearance.
- Marge has a fascination for getting the perfect vacation selfie in front of a waterfall. “All I wanted it for my friends to be jealous of me!” Marge says.
Stream the full episode on Fox here.
You may be interested
Watch: Iberia plane receives water-cannon salute as commercial flights resume in Costa RicaAlejandro Zúñiga - August 3, 2020
For the first time since mid-March, a plane full of tourists has arrived in Costa Rica. Juan Santamaría International Airport…
Immigration Administration clarifies new Costa Rica entry policiesAlejandro Zúñiga - August 3, 2020
The Immigration Administration on Monday clarified who can legally enter Costa Rica in August. Residents who were issued an entry…
Costa Rica cancels traditional year-end celebrationsAFP and The Tico Times - August 3, 2020
The Costa Rican capital announced on Monday the suspension of its traditional end-of-year celebrations, given the spread of COVID-19 in…