Livin’ la Pura Vida: The Simpsons goes to Costa Rica
What’s “Pura Vida”?
Marge Simpson, and the U.S. sitcom’s millions of viewers, now know the answer. The family visited Costa Rica as part of Sunday night’s episode of the long-running TV show.
“It means pure life — kind of a state of mind down here. Very chill. Like what you think is chill, but, like, a million times chiller,” Marge learns.
Some episode highlights:
- Marge drives through Springfield yelling “Costa Rica!” at the top of her lungs after the family is invited on the trip by the Van Hountens.
- Marge describes their destination as “a luxury villa right on the beach near pristine rainforest home to 5% of the species on earth! … In a land where it’s normal for kids to carry machetes!”
- A sunburned Homer accidentally lets several monkeys tear apart the aforementioned luxury villa. (The monkeys are so comfortable with humans that they must be in Manuel Antonio!)
- The stone spheres “made by the extinct Diquis people of Costa Rica” make an important appearance.
- Marge has a fascination for getting the perfect vacation selfie in front of a waterfall. “All I wanted it for my friends to be jealous of me!” Marge says.
Stream the full episode on Fox here.
You may be interested
Pic of the Day: Costa Rica’s magical Río CelesteThe Tico Times - December 8, 2019
It's called Río Celeste for a reason. Tenorio Volcano National Park is home to this stunning waterfall and vivid blue…
Soccer Saturday: Navas makes impressive save vs. Nantes; Herediano takes lead in Costa Rican finalAlejandro Zúñiga - December 7, 2019
It has been at least a week since we shared a Keylor Navas highlight, and we're here to rectify that…
Wind and rain prompt yellow, green alerts throughout Costa RicaThe Tico Times - December 6, 2019
The National Emergency Commission (CNE) on Friday issued yellow and green alerts throughout most of Costa Rica due to rains…