Costa Rica Coffee Guide

Tourism group to sue Costa Rican Tourism Board

July 6, 2012

The Association to Protect Tourism (PROTUR) announced that it would file a lawsuit next week against the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT) seeking $80 million in damages for alleged falsification of tourist arrival data, the daily La Nación reported on Thursday.

PROTUR claims the board’s numbers include entries into Costa Rica by migrant workers, thereby skewing the counts of tourists who visit the country and stay in hotels.

The ICT previously defended its numbers, saying they are based on estimates according to global industry standards.

You may be interested

Costa Rica coronavirus updates for Tuesday, September 29
Costa Rica
5573 views
Costa Rica
5573 views

Costa Rica coronavirus updates for Tuesday, September 29

Alejandro Zúñiga - September 29, 2020

Costa Rica announced 19 new coronavirus-related deaths over the last day for a total of 880, according to official data…

Costa Rica says coronavirus measures continue in October
Costa Rica
21083 views
Costa Rica
21083 views

Costa Rica says coronavirus measures continue in October

Alejandro Zúñiga - September 29, 2020

President Carlos Alvarado and the National Emergency Commission (CNE) on Tuesday  announced Costa Rica's coronavirus measures will continue in October. The…

These are the requirements to enter Costa Rica as a tourist
Costa Rica
2332 views
Costa Rica
2332 views

These are the requirements to enter Costa Rica as a tourist

Alejandro Zúñiga - September 29, 2020

Costa Rica is currently welcoming tourists from select countries and U.S. states. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Costa Rica has…