No Skybridge to Link Del Rey, Key Largo
There will be no pedestrian skybridge connecting the Hotel del Rey with its Key Largo restaurant on the other side of the street, ruled an administrative court judge.
The judge upheld a veto that San José Johnny Araya exercised over the plan in early 2007 (TT, Feb. 2, 2007) after it had been approved by the city council in 2006.
The council had rejected Araya’s veto, pushing the conflict into court.
Araya told the daily La Nación that “this decision of the court sets a precedent, since I believe this is the first time a veto has been put into effect.”
Officials who lined up against the skybridge said it would not promote the public good, since only patrons of the Hotel del Rey and Key Largo would be allowed to use it.
You may be interested
Costa Rica meets with Inter-American Commission on Human Rights to discuss Nicaragua, Venezuela, indigenous rightsAlejandro Zúñiga - April 23, 2019
Costa Rica’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Manuel Ventura Robles, met with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) this week…
Freed Nicaraguan prisoner tells of tortureAFP - April 23, 2019
One Nicaraguan guard pinned his hand to a table with his knee while another ripped out a nail with a…