Cielo Vista

Judge Orders Bond For Matteo Quintavalle

February 29, 2008
A judge ordered a ¢150 million ($300,000) bond placed on Italian Matteo Quintavalle, the former aspiring soccer mogul accused of committing a multi-million- dollar real estate fraud.
Court spokeswoman María Isabel Hernández said Quintavalle’s lawyers immediately appealed the bond, set on Feb. 14.
“The judge has to resolve the issue as soon as possible,” she said. “If the judge confirms the bond, Quintavalle has to pay it immediately or face arrest. If he pays after his arrest, he would be freed.”
Quintavalle has yet to be indicted in the now 7-month-old case. He was arrested in July after more than 80 investors alleged he defrauded them of over $12 million for real estate developments on the Pacific coast.
The alleged con man was freed from preventive prison in December to get a tummy-tuck operation, a potential cure for his type-II diabetes.
 
Facebook Comments

You may be interested

Slothy Sunday: Just hanging out
Sloth Sundays
17 views
Sloth Sundays
17 views

Slothy Sunday: Just hanging out

Alejandro Zúñiga - May 26, 2019

Last week, Denise Gillen, a sloth nanny from the Toucan Rescue Ranch, shared the story of Bon Jovi, a sloth…

Twice as nice: Güity wins second gold at Grand Prix
Costa Rica
19 views
Costa Rica
19 views

Twice as nice: Güity wins second gold at Grand Prix

Alejandro Zúñiga - May 25, 2019

A day after he placed himself atop the world rankings with his time in the 200-meter T64 at the 2019…

Costa Rica obtains $500 million from CAF for fiscal support
Costa Rica
52 views
Costa Rica
52 views

Costa Rica obtains $500 million from CAF for fiscal support

AFP and The Tico Times - May 25, 2019

The Development Bank of Latin America (CAF) on Friday granted a $500 million credit to Costa Rica to support the…

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!